Friday, March 24, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

...yesterday I turned 1 year old!!!!

Mommy & Daddy cannot believe it, but it's true...it's been a whole year since I came into this world. Of course the adventures never stop.

Today I went to the Dr's for my 1 year check-up. I had blood taken and they gave me a TB test. I have to go back again at 15-months to get a wellness check-up again...but I looked great! I've mastered the benchmarks for my age, and the Dr was surprised to hear me use quite a few of my favorite words (like baby, mama, dada, booboo, etc). Apparently two or three words are common at my age - I can say over 10. Recently I have stood from a seated position without the help of others or furniture. I have been taking a few steps here and there too! Nothing substantial, but the steps keep coming.

Mommy thought it was interesting to see my weight and height - two things that haven't been "officially" measured in 4 months. The numbers are as follows:

Weight - 18 pounds 12 ounces
Height - 30 inches

Apparently that puts me in the 20th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. This is probably why all my clothes are loose around the waist. The doctor says I can eat eggs now, and suggests that I eat everything besides nuts. So let the eating begin!!! My two favorite things to eat are strawberries and bananas - I especially love to rub them into my hair and clothing!

Well another year full of adventures ahead! Maybe I'll be enjoying some of those adventures with you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Zoe! What a treat for us to see you on your special day!

Anonymous said...

Well I obviously don't know what I'm doing...the previous note was from Miss Mary!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't say Happy Birthday ON your birthday!! What a crappy "uncle"! I'm looking forward to your party though. I'll even let you smack me in the face some more, i know you love to do it.