Tuesday, June 14, 2005

tummy time


...I've never really liked tummy time.
Until today, Mommy & Daddy have been quite unsuccessful with introducing me to tummy time. The pediatrician says to do it, books say to do it, and friends say to do it...but they don't like to hear me cry as my face is smooshed into the carpet or blanket. Today Mommy and I were at Kindermusik class and Miss Mary wanted the babies to get back massages during intentional touch time. So Mommy turned me over and said that I didn't like tummy time. Miss Mary showed her a few tricks of the trade (Miss Mary is an early childhood expert). She rolled up my blanket and put it under my chest. I smiled and seemed to really enjoy the time I spent on my tummy! Mommy even started to cry, because I finally was accomplishing something that she and Daddy have had no success with. I think I surprised her a lot! Aren't a just the best!

When Mommy and I got home we were greeted by a surprise visit from her friend, Karen. Karen came by to visit and spent a bit of time with me. When they left I was really tired, and didn't stay awake much after that. In fact, I've been asleep so long that Mommy is going to have to wake me to change my diaper and feed me!

No comments: